FUNDAMENTALS OF FILM & CONTENT PART 2
FRIDAY 8 JULY 2022 | 10.30AM – 3.30PM
FRIDAY 15 JULY 2022 | 10.30AM – 3.30PM
In this session you’ll expand your knowledge of the medium of film, taking a look at documentary filmmaking and social media. Kicking off with a masterclass on how to conduct interviews, you’ll learn how to effectively capture factual narrative and apply this to your very own self-taped interview. You’ll also dive deeper into the intricacies of lighting and editing, allowing you to further polish your work. The program will conclude by unpacking the implications of social media content production and how you can best protect and manage yourself and your art online. You’ll finish with an exercise devoted to practicing empowering your voice through digital content creation.
In this program students will:
- Broaden understanding on the genre of Documentary and how it is crafted practically
- Deepen and apply knowledge of cinematography and shooting practices to best effect within a given genre
- Learn how to effectively record sound
- Learn how to conduct an effective interview for the purposes of storytelling
- Expand knowledge of the editing process and how techniques and tips can be applied to best effect to fit stylisation and genre
- Become familiar with the different content creation conventions for various social platforms
- Learn how to create and manage a message and brand online
- Learn how to find and engage with a like-minded community online
- Learn the importance of creating a style or look for your brand that fits its content
- Learn how to navigate legal obligations and negative commentary safely online and with integrity
- iPad/iPhone device with iMovie installed OR Android phone or tablet device with Filmora app installed.
- Separate device (e.g., laptop or computer) with Zoom installed on it, to enjoy your livestreamed sessions with StarTime LIVE.
- Tripod (preferable) or something to rest your filming device on to keep it steady.
- Print outs of our script and storyboard templates.
- Paper and pens for notetaking and drafting.
- Watch the Hannah & Charlie Make a Movie web-series prior to the Program. Here is the link