FUNDAMENTALS OF FILM & CONTENT PART 1
THURSDAY 7 JULY 2022 | 10.30AM – 3.30PM
THURSDAY 14 JULY 2022 | 10.30 – 3.30PM
Ready to start creating?
Part 1 will take you through the critical first stages of drafting and actioning a film including finding your message, writing, production design, cinematography; and directing. You’ll dive into the genres of Comedy and Drama to illustrate practical applications of leading industry techniques and explore how you might use them to enhance your craft. By the end of the session. you’ll have applied your new knowledge in the creation of a three-scene film AND a short satirical piece.
In this program students will:
- Broaden their understanding on the genre of Drama and how it is crafted practically
- Understand the concept of embedding a ‘message’ or cause within a narrative film
- Deepen their understanding of the ideation or storytelling process
- Learn how best to isolate a key message or cause from which to generate a concept
- Understand narrative structure and learn to apply it in the formation of their ideas
- Understands specific practical and technical requirements for narrative film
- Understand the genres of comedy and satire
- Learn key satirical tools and how they can be applied
- Understand the importance of directing and good performance in generating a cohesive film
- Understand the importance of production design for creating a polished look to their films and establishing continuity
- Understand how to identify and find core members of their film crew.
- iPad/iPhone device with iMovie installed OR Android phone or tablet device with Filmora app installed.
- Separate device (e.g., laptop or computer) with Zoom installed on it, to enjoy your livestreamed sessions with StarTime LIVE.
- Tripod (preferable) or something to rest your filming device on to keep it steady.
- Print outs of our script and storyboard templates.
- Paper and pens for notetaking and drafting.
- Watch the Hannah & Charlie Make a Movie web-series prior to the Program. Here is the link