CREATING GREAT FILMS PART 2
MONDAY 4 JULY 2022 | 01.00 PM – 03.00 PM
WEDNESDAY 6 JULY 2022 | 01.00 PM – 04.00 PM
WEDNESDAY 13 JULY 2022 | 01.00 PM – 04.00 PM
Part 2 of our filmmaking program will take you through the practical components of what you need to create a short film. Building on Part 1, participants will extend their knowledge on how to use smart devices to create story driven and visually appealing films to wow their audience. You’ll learn all the HOW TO of editing on a mobile device that will allow you to put together a connected and cinema-worthy masterpiece! By the end of the session, you will have a scene of your film completed, plus all the know-how to craft a film with an underlying social message for free entry in the REELise Film Festival.
In this session students will:
- Learn how to edit footage and add sound effects and music using iMovie / Filmora.
- Understand the three key stages of production and their importance in the filmmaking process:
- Become familiar with the two distinct categories of filmmaking: Fiction vs Factual.
- Understand the differing techniques and conventions for fiction vs factual filmmaking.
- Understand how to use a storyboard to structure their filmmaking process.
- iPad/iPhone device with iMovie installed OR Android phone or tablet device with Filmora app installed.
- Separate device (e.g., laptop or computer) with Zoom installed on it, to enjoy your livestreamed sessions with StarTime LIVE.
- Tripod (preferable) or something to rest your filming device on to keep it steady.
- Print outs of our script and storyboard templates.
- Paper and pens for notetaking and drafting.