CREATING GREAT FILMS PART 1
MONDAY 4 JULY 2022 | 09.00 AM – 12.00 PM
WEDNESDAY 6 JULY 2022 | 09.00 AM – 12.00 PM
WEDNESDAY 13 JULY 2022 | 09.00 AM – 12.00 PM
In Part 1 you will get to know about the various stages involved in making a film, from the first little idea, to the fully-formed big-screen masterpiece! Through this interactive, hands-on program we’ll take you through WHY and HOW we make films and teach you the essentials to begin your filmmaking journey. Part 1 focuses on the pre-production phase and sets you up for success as you plan, write, and storyboard a short narrative script. By the end of the class, you will have filmed and edited your own micro-film, jam-packed with newly-learnt filmmaking techniques.
In this session students will:
- Understand that film is a powerful way to broaden awareness and influence change about something they care about.
- Understand how to isolate and develop a cause/message for their film.
- Learn to use framing, camera angles and lighting to communicate ideas visually to an audience.
- Create a micro-film sequence using various shots and framing styles.
- iPad/iPhone device with iMovie installed OR Android phone or tablet device with Filmora app installed.
- Separate device (e.g., laptop or computer) with Zoom installed on it, to enjoy your livestreamed sessions with StarTime LIVE.
- Tripod (preferable) or something to rest your filming device on to keep it steady.
- Print outs of our script and storyboard templates.
- Paper and pens for notetaking and drafting.